This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used, how I don't share it with others, how you can manage the information I hold and how you can contact me.
You will never receive marketing communications directly from me, I will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your data with anyone else who might nor do I sell your information to third parties, no selected partners other than your Emergency Contact, Vet or insurance company to act on our behalf.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check online at www.wakefielddogwalking.co.uk/ periodically to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us.
Definition of GDPR key terms
• GDPR is General Data Protection Regulations.
• Data Controller is the person who determines the purposes and means of processing the personal data collected.
• Personal Data is single piece of data, or combination of data which could lead to the identification of a living individual.
• Sensitive Personal Data is personal data that reveals racial, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, genetic data, biometric data, health data, sexual orientation or sex life.
• Processing Activities are processes or tasks which involves capture, use or storage of personal data.
• Lawful Basis for processing. There are 6 lawful bases for processing personal data detailed within GDPR. These are:
3. Legal Obligation
4. Vital Interest
5. Public Task
6. Legitimate interest
A lawful basis for processing must be assigned to each processing activity.
• Privacy Statement A legal document which discloses how personal data is used within an organisation.
Privacy Statement What information do we collect? We collect information about you and your dog (s). We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
Name (including title)
information (Vet, Insurance and emergency contact information)
The date and time you used my services
Details of any transactions between you and us
How do I use this information? will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from me (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Consent: Where you have provided your consent, I will, only contact you regarding your dog (s) welfare or booking
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting me or by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to;
1. Be bound by law
2. In the interests of animal welfare (Vet, Insurance Company or Emergency contact)
3. To secure any other goods on services in the interest of your Dogs welfare
I may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
It may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements (for example Insurance claim for animal welfare).
None should arise unless though bereavement
How do I share this information?
I do not sell your information to any third parties.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with me I will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if I have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a regular or a maximum of 3 years from the date our relationship ends. Our relationship may end for a number of reasons including when you have chosen not to use my services or you lose you dog (s) or I have been made aware that you no longer own the dog (s).
CCTV footage is held for until the hard drive records over the data from the point of recording.
How can I manage the information held about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to me using your personal information.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information.
Except in rare cases, I will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request.
You have the right to:
1) Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
2) Correct and update your information;
3) Withdraw your consent (where I rely on it). Please see how do we use this information;
4) Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided I do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information.
5) Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
6) Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine-readable format), where I rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can use the details below to exercise the above rights and/or manage your personal information and/or raise any specific data protection concerns:
Post: Wakey Walkies 74a Wrenthorpe Lane, Wakefield WF2 0PT
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Call: 0303 123 1113
Rachel Hirst Telephone : 07533 154 898 ( Please only phone Monday to Friday 8.00 - 5.30pm) please text out of hours :)
Please see for further details or email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime please note sometimes your email end up in my spam so please don't hesitate to follow up with a text or call in office hours as well!
Click below for more information.